Elbowman offers website development services. I request donations starting at $500, to much more, for website development, depending on the complexity of the project and your needs.
Look at this page, above, to the left, to the right, and below. What you see are custom features I can use to design a website for you.
In the scrolling images above you'll also notice several of the sites I've previously developed.
- Websites are used for businesses and non-profits, and for individuals wanting to share all sorts of things on the Internet. They are for fun and profit.
- Blog is short for "web log", and is a way to share a journal or diary of things with others on the Internet. An example is trip blogging. Instead of boring your friends with a slideshow of your trip, you can thrill them with a blog that you are actually writing as you travel the world, real time. Your family and friends can experience your trip at the same time you are. Blogs are unbelievably popular, and extremely easy to set up and run.
- The templates I use are 'responsive'. That's an important term for modern websites. It means no matter what device you use to view the site it looks good and displays rapidly. So, whether I'm looking at my site on my wife's 23" monitor, my 15" laptop screen, my 8" tablet, or my 5" smartphone my website looks great!
- I specialize in creating user manageable content systems that allow you to keep your website current without the need to rely on a webmaster.
- I use the world's most popular tools, Joomla and WordPress. This software allows a developer to setup a site and then step back and let the user manage the content presented to the public.
One of Joomla's major strengths is the ability to apply a design template that gives your entire website a common look and feel. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of design templates available to give your site that look and feel that presents your information in your personal style.
I use JoomlaShine as my primary source for quality design templates, along with Joomla51, although there are many other sources.
I use a JoomlaShine template 'Epic' on this site and on my garden club's site, and I use 'Boot' on the Blakley Brothers, Blakely Septic, and Burien Actors Theatre websites. As you navigate around this site you will witness many of its features. The garden club site is a private site, so most of the templates features are not visible to the general public. Inside this site, however, are strong photo gallery tools to display images from the gardens we visit, a calendaring tool to manage our annual schedules, and powerful tools to manage our group contact list as well as navigational tools to get each member from their current location to our tour destinations.
I use a Joomla51 template 'Oxygen' on my daughter-in-law's website, KirstyBowmanPhotography. She is a professional photographer and the Joomla51 based template showcases her photos. I use a photo gallery extension within the site to showcase her work called jAlbum.